Monday, August 31, 2009

Who gets the credit............

Life is funny, does it ever seem to you that you're turning into, "evolving", who you are, each day?
Happy, sad, tragic, all the different kinds of things we go through, each one has to do with who we are.
Could we be happy if we've never been sad, or could we be sad if we've never been happy?
Every event in our lives impacts it. This is just something I have seen in myself, recently. I mean EVERY event. Ever remember something that seems meaningless?
Once, on Valentines day, I received three red roses, at my house.
The note with them said, "I love you.........Jesus"
First of all, I don't think this was meaningless.I couldn't believe it, I had gotten flowers, I really love flowers.
After I received them, the first thing I did was try to find out who the Lord used to
send them to me.
There was one friend who I thought it was. I called and asked, she said no, but I didn't believe her. Then, I asked another friend, she also said she didn't send them.
I knew the Lord sent them, but I knew He used someone to do it. For some reason, I needed to know, "Who".
A few weeks went by. One of my friends,that I would talk to about it a lot, trying to think, "Who could it have been?"
Anyway, there was one person I thought it was. Why? I guess, maybe, I wanted it to be
because she kind of reminded me of a "saved" version of my Mother.
Well, one Sunday, I decided, at the last minute, to sit with my friend that I was always talking with about, "who sent the Flowers".
See, I had always sit in the same place and she did, too. We never sat together.
Sitting with her, this is the thing that may have seemed, "Meaningless", but it wasn't.
During the "Praise and worship", worshiping beside my friend, I started to smell
flowers. It was the most beautiful smell I have ever smelt.
I turned to my friend and said, "do you smell flowers?"
Just as fast as that came out of my mouth, an overwhelming feeling that the Lord used her to send the flowers. But I had asked her more that once, if she sent them and she always said ,"no".
Just that minute, I turned to her and said, "You sent the flowers!"
As soon as I said that she replied, "I'm so sorry I lied to you!"
See how sitting beside her, seemed to be meaningless, but turned out to be very meaningful.
God didn't show me this to say, "Ok, I'll tell you who sent them"
He was showing me how we can give other people credit for what God, Himself, has done. What I realized was, if it mattered SO much to me, who He used to send them, I wasn't really giving Him the credit for them.
I was, and am, so thankful He showed me this. We can give other people and things so much credit for what He does.
I try to always give Him credit for what He has done. That is what this one, "meaningless" time taught me.
Never, ever take credit, or give credit, for something He has done.
In the book of Daniel, King Nebuchadnezzar is taking credit for what God has done.

Daniel 4:30-31
30"The king reflected and said, 'Is this not Babylon the great, which I myself have built as a royal residence by the might of my power and for the glory of my majesty?'

31"While the word was in the king's mouth, a voice came from heaven, saying, 'King Nebuchadnezzar, to you it is declared: sovereignty has been removed from you,

No comments: