Saturday, August 22, 2009

Who's tending our "crops"

driving home from work I pass a lot of different crop fields, mostly corn.
Some green beans, and some that I don't know what they are.
One day while driving home, I noticed something I hadn't ever noticed. Mixed in with a
field of beans, was one stalk of corn. I had never noticed such a thing. How did that happen?
I realized the last crop in that field must have been corn.
Since I noticed that one stalk, I seen that in a lot of fields.
My thought was, that must be some strong corn. That corn, is so strong that it made it through the harvest,fall, winter, cultivating and replanting. Wow.
I knew the Lord had something to show me in this, but what was it?
The Lord showed me we have "things" that go through Fall, Winter, the Lord will Cultivate
that area and replant something new. But there can be just little pieces of that "thing"
that tries to hang on and grow.
And when this "thing" is planted in a new crop it can be hard to spot.
I know I have had this happen, mostly with my eating habits. I am sure some other things along the way.
Dying is living. The Lord will give us what we need, will we use it?


We all have crops growing in our fields, who's tending them?
John 12:24-25 "Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal."

No comments: