Thursday, August 27, 2009

finally, the story I promised about feathers!

finally, the story I promised about feathers! Do you have that one "thing" that the Lord uses to speak to you? I think we all do. Mine? Feathers.
I find feathers ALL the time. The Lord uses feathers to speak a "word" to me, or to get me to look at myself.
Here's an example, one time I felt hopeless about something and I was talking to Him about it, while taking my clothes out of the dryer, I found the most beautiful white feather. That was the Lord telling me, "it's going to be alright". He used that feather to give me Hope.

Once, I remember I wasn't spending the time with the Lord, I knew I should be. during this time, I found a feather at work matted together with oil, it was ugly.
No, the Lord wasn't telling me I was ugly, what He was doing, was asking me to look at myself. That one moment caused me to get back on track where I knew the Lord wanted me.

This may sound silly, but this is how God speaks to us. Each relationship is different and personal. Once, I was standing in a friends front yard, talking to her, and out of the blue, a feather come floating down between us. It just made me smile, because I knew He did it just for me. It was like He was saying "hi".
Why wasn't it for my friend too? Because He talks to us all in our own personal way. It's like Morris-code from God.
When I find feathers in, what I call, meaningful times, I save them and tape them inside my journal.
He talks to us in so many ways. Once, a group of people were gathered at friends house to pray for her. We were marching around her house, 7 times, for a touch of Gods healing. Which He gave her, and allowed her to live to see something she desired so much.
During our march we passed a bird that had been ran over by, what looked like, the mower. There was bird and feathers all over this area. A friend of mine that was
marching beside me asked, "So, what did the Lord say about that?".
Funny thing, the Lord had said something to me about the bird.
See, most people may have looked at the dead bird and said, gross. I looked at the bird and saw all the beautiful feathers blown all over the yard. Because God showed me the Beauty in feathers.
What I said was, "It's not important how we die, what's important is the "beauty" we leave behind".

The Lord loves us and protects us so well.
Psalm 91:4
He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler.

No comments: