Sunday, August 16, 2009

covered

Have you ever woken up so early that it's not morning but it's not night either?
I have. In my eyes time is like a "Teeter-Totter", and there is a time that it's
almost leaving night and almost starting morning. What name could we give this time?
Maybe........."The cool of the Day"?
Isn't that such a wonderful time? A time when God comes looking for us. (Gen. 3:8 "They heard the sound of the Lord walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and the man and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God among the trees of the garden.")
God was coming looking Adam, to walk with Him.
Adam ashamed of what they had done, hid.
What did he hide behind? "The trees of the garden".
Ever felt like hiding behind something besides the Lord? When the Lord first brought that question to mind mind, my thought was, "I don't think so?"
But the more I talked to Him about it, the more I realized the answer was, "yes".
What do we hid behind? T.V, Games, food or work.I am sure there are many more things to "hid" behind. Something to take up our time so we don't have to deal with the "right here and now".
"I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid myself."Gen.3:10

Have you ever been afraid of where God was taking you and "hid"? I have. Why?
because the striping away of ourself is painful,
but this striping away is when we
are covered the most.

No comments: