Friday, August 28, 2009

The first feather.....

Are you wondering when the Lord first started speaking to me with "feathers"?
I was reading a book, it was a parable of just a regular person who was challenged to
leave what was familiar and follow his "dream"
When I started reading this book it challenged me to find my "dream".

I had no idea what my dream was or would be.
In the parable, you would know the "giver of dreams" had given you one by placing a
feather outside your window.
I prayed and prayed, while reading this book, for my dream to be revealed to me.
I did have something that kept coming to my mind, but I was sure it wasn't my dream.
The "thing" that kept coming to my mind, I had no ability to do. I asked and asked the Lord to give me my dream, but nothing.
Finally, I asked the Lord "if this is the dream you have for me, show me in another way, besides my thoughts." See, I did want to do what kept coming to my mind,But I thought it was just silly , because I didn't have the talent needed.
The next day, after praying this prayer to the Lord, I was leaving my house, walked out the front door, and right in front of my door was the biggest feather I had ever seen.
I couldn't believe it! God had told me, "Yes, this is your dream"
I was SO happy and excited. I think I was more excited that the Lord has spoken directly to me, than the realization that my dream was real.

How did that feather get there? I don't know? after it first happened I thought about it a lot, trying to think how it come to be. A friend of mine, I suspected, she denied
having anything to do with it. I don't know if He used someone to place it there, or if a bird lost a feather while flying by, or if He placed it there with His own hands. It really doesn't matter how it got there, God
arranged it.

I was so excited and terrified at the same time over this "dream" the Lord was letting me have.
My dream? writing. When the Lord first gave me this vision of my "dream", I couldn't
even write a complete sentence of my thoughts, so how could I be a "writer"?
In order to do this, I was for sure going to have to leave "familiar".
It wasn't writing something that terrified me, it was someone reading it.
Many times, over the years, I would write something and the Lord would ask me to give it to someone. Grammar and spelling, how humbling.
I would cry of embarrassment, but I would do it.
You see, it doesn't matter that I don't write like Shakespeare, what matters is, that I write like Carla.

We should never, ever let our "dream" die. If we don't have the strength to do it, good, we can use His.

I'm am so thankful that our "dream" isn't based on our ability's and strengths.,

No comments: